SHOPKINS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

a time to live and a time to die
my grandfather died last night. i dont think it has hit me yet. life is crazy. you always think you have more time and death seems to sneak up on you. even when you know it is most likely around the corner.

so tonight i am in that state of grief and exhaustion. i am who i am b/c of my granparents. they were more my parents than my own parents. i will forever be greatful that i had the relationship i did with my grandfather. i know he loved me and i know that he knew i loved him. it still sucks that i didnt come sooner and that i didnt get to say goodbye, however the last time i saw him he was telling jokes and being his usual jovial self. he was in no pain at the end and he went quickly.

i am rambling a bit but wanted to share. i could write something profound about grief and the jewish customs of commuinty and grief which i am so intrigued by... but maybe that will come later... i am too tired. i must go to sleep.
[9:50 PM] 7 comments

 

7 Comments:

Shannon - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but also glad that you're surrounded by people who love you and are there for you. Your grandfather sounds like one cool person - it's genetic, of course ... love and hugs

By Anonymous brad, at 8:28 AM  

So sorry, Shannon. I know how you feel. My grandparents were the same for me. It broke my heart when my grandmother passed away, but she is still here with me, just from a greater viewpoint. My prayers are with you and your family.

By Blogger Sheila, at 6:53 PM  

Dear Shannon, sad I never got to talk you you that day. You have been amazing, and gave everything for us. So sorry to hear this.

By Blogger Mark, at 11:55 AM  

Shannon, I hope you find serenity and rest the next few days. This has definately been an eventful; and I can only assume, emotional period for you as of late. Thanks for your kindness and for entering my life here in Houston by the way. my heart goes out to you

peace and love friend

By Anonymous ash, at 4:06 PM  

hey shannon, there are no words but I wanted to say I love you,
jen x

By Blogger jen mick, at 9:26 AM  

Hey my friend. I reach across the miles and grasp your hand in sympathy. we have also been touched by death on our trip, so I really know how surreal it is for you right now. Magz

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:49 AM  

hey shannon, i am so sorry for your loss...but so glad you had such a great relationship with your granddad.
are you still in the states? i have been so slack in blogland, i missed your arrival! i'd love to hear more about how doxology is going. blessings dear one! lil

By Blogger lilly, at 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment