SHOPKINS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Saturday, July 30, 2005

33
It is my birthday. About a month ago I really wanted to celebrate. To celebrate my life. My life is freaking amazing. And not just b/c I live in London and have an amazing set of friends that spans the world. But amazing because of who I am and who i am becoming in Christ. I am not that fussed anymore about really celebrating the day. (mainly b/c I am exhausted having had a steady stream of people for the past month) but I want to live in this place of celebration, recognition and acceptance of my true self.

About 2 years ago my prayer was Christ Alone. That I would really be living from that place of Christ alone, that He alone would be enough and that in Him alone I would find my identity. Needless to say so much started getting stripped away. But the last year has been one of amazing transformation.

I have said to others that it feels like God waited my whole life and prepared this space in London for me. It has been a place that has been as much about what He has done in me as what He wants to do through me. And I feel like this day serves as a marker. A marker of where I have been, where I am at, and where I am headed. I am so hopeful of the road ahead, so thankful for the road behind me and am at peace with where I am in this moment.
[5:05 PM] 6 comments

 

6 Comments:

On this your 33 birthday, I want you to remember that in this moment you are perfect in Christ. That there is nothing more or less that you could be doing that would make God love you any more or less. Your obedience and willingness to do the work of God are inspirational. There is nothing more you could have at this moment that would make you more complete. You are in this very moment complete in Christ. There is nothing you could be less of that would make you better. You are loved by God, by Christ, by your family and your friends. You make an impact on peoples lives that allow them to then impact others lives.

I love you my dear friend, and pray that you will have a sparkly day complete with the right sparkly outfit.

By Blogger nini, at 5:35 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!
We thank God for you
You are such a great blessing to others
We wouldn't be the duo we are without you

duo

By Anonymous duo, at 1:09 AM  

mz. shah-non!
rock on and on
on the Rock
cuz what iz up
is to pop-it,
and lock-it
and don't chyoo
spir'tually stop it!

hugs and blessings and a little new wave rap kind of a thingee for yo-yo-yo-yo birthday, whoa!

- brad

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

shannon! happy 33rd birthday. you're such a dynamic person, full of inspiration. thank you for your sincerity. i'm so thankful i know you. much love, angela

By Blogger angela, at 2:14 AM  

happy birthday shannon, for saturday

great to have you as a friend and partner in the gospel

By Anonymous andrew, at 9:18 AM  

well how's about some good old english style?
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear shannon-vision-of-loveliness
happy birthday to you

love jen x

By Blogger jen mick, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment