SHOPKINS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Had a great time with rob and amy last night. Rob is an artist here in London, with his studio a block from the tate modern and amy is an actress, currently working on a short film. Just really good re-connecting.

Rob is also a teacher at the art academy and as he was talking about teaching he started talking about artist block. And how that is a strategic part of the artistic process but you just have to learn how to harness that time. That may be seen as down time or time not working but really it is an important part of the process.

Encouraging. B/c I struggle with the “doing” part of being here. (actually I always struggle with the doing part) What exactly am I doing here? I really am not sure. I just know I am supposed to be here and that it feels like right now I am paving the way for something to be birthed.

But then that also reminds me of something Debbie Jones said to me. Before I have always started with the structure and relationships have been the bi-product…so I have started businesses, churches and organizations and relationships have always come out of that and fit into the structure. But now I am starting with the relationships and waiting on the structure part.

So here I am seeking God, in the place He has called me and trying to be faithful in the relationships He has given me here, and waiting before staking a claim and saying I am doing “this”.

Really right now I just want a good rest though.

[1:34 AM] 2 comments

 

2 Comments:

Yea for the relationships! Double yea for the rest! How is the raising support coming? (I'm not a preacher but I do know how to do alliteration!)

By Blogger KC, at 8:18 AM  

amen sister! we are human beings... not doings. you are doing what you're supposed to be doing. just enjoy it. royalty don't always do the hard labor. let him work out details. praying for you.

By Blogger Tk, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment