SHOPKINS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

throwing it out there
Just a bit of craziness going on on this end….. Now I don’t know if anyone really reads this blog…but I thought I would go ahead and bite the bullet here and be really transparent. For those of you who do not know my mother is bi-polar. This has been something I have dealt with my entire life. My mother can be quite amazing in some respects but mental illness is a nasty thing to deal with. I have been very thankful that the last few years she has stayed on her meds and has been without an episode. However, last Monday she completely de-stabalized. She was admitted to the hospital. And due to her being uncooperative and bilegerent she was admitted to a state facility.

So last week was a bit of a blur for me…with her condition comes an amazing range of emotions for me. However all I can do is keep taking one day at a time. While I considered heading to Alaska and letting Jessica and Jules cover things this weekend…I decided instead to go ahead and come to Memphis. So I had a 10 hour drive from Atlanta to Memphis to think, worship, pray and process (and realize that I am a southern girl) Now I am in Memphis w/ the girls…..we headed to Beale street tonight for some blues and tomorrow our show starts.

Any prayers are obviously appreciated.

[11:47 PM] 3 comments

 

3 Comments:

hey shannon! sorry to hear about your mum...hope things are settling down and that you will be able to see god working awesome things through this. miss you heaps! much luv and god's best to you,
luv cindz

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM  

good on you Shannon for being transparent
PT and I will pray
keep taking each day as a day given by God
walk close to him and his warmth will fill you

we love you
we miss you
here's a hug from us
(PS did you get Mags's email?)
PT Magz

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

you are loved...e

By Blogger erika, at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment