SHOPKINS
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thursday, December 19, 2002

I was reading in Colossians this morning and came across this scripture: "The lines of purpose in your lives never grow slack" what a strong statement. Can I say that of myself? I want the tenor of my life to be that -- tight w/ purpose. Towards the end of chapter one Paul writes:"We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul-- not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us." For me all of this just hit me b/c I don't want to run a sprint -- I want to have passion and vigor and purpose and make it the long haul. But i know that it will not be in my strength -- and yet it is so hard to sink into God and let Him give me His strenght -- so i keep trying to run this race (live my life) in my strength-- no wonder I get so frustrated. I am so thickheaded!-
[9:19 AM] 0 comments

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment